The First Dance offers
Premarital Counseling By State
Marriage Preparation options through books, classes, games
There are many ways to strengthen your upcoming marriage through premarriage counseling. The First Dance is proud to present a wide variety of premarital counseling and marriage preparation options from interactive books, an online, research-based, international premarital inventory, individual counselors, a money attitudes assessment, and more. See non-counselor options on the right.
We have a list of highly experienced, licensed marriage therapists through a national marriage therapy directory co-founded by Bill Doherty, along with other people who do marriage preparation with engaged couples. We also have a TELEPHONE listing if we don't have someone in your area or if you and your fiance aren't even living in the same state. There are also premarital classes in some states.
** Indicates local wedding savings through local wedding vendors in our wedding vendor discount program.
Wedding Vendors Offering Location-Based Discounts
- How much does premarriage counseling cost?
- We're quite happy, what would we gain from premarital counseling?
- What's the difference between premarital counseling and "regular" couples counseling?
- My fiance doesn't want to go - what can I do?
- We aren't in the same state! What can we do?
- My parents are divorced. Does that have any impact on our chances of divorcing?
- What are the differences between counselors, clergy, educators?
- My Wedding Plan : Starter Guide
- Relationship Saavy Wedding Checklist
- Wedding Checklist Landmines
- Stress and Teamwork
- Wedding Priority Worksheet (PDF download)
- What Do You Want Out Of Your Honeymoon? (Interactive couple guide)
Top Recommend Marriage Prep at Home
Take Back Your Wedding $12.99
Why do engaged couples, parents, officiants and wedding planners love this book? This book is the best money investment you will spend on the wedding.
Improve marital success, reduce conflict and avoid the "emotional landmines" that arise in wedding planning. Testimonials and more
Therapy In A Box - $20
Buy Now (opens a new window)
Can't afford a therapist, feel like you have a pretty good relationship, but want to go through what many therapists offer in private sessions?read more
Passion, Sex & Intimacy - $19.99 EbookBuy Now (opens a new window)
Married sex can and should be amazing but often isn't. Men and women feel embarassed talking openly and end up with years of medicore love making. Your honeymoon gift should be this book!
Premarital Test $29.95
Financial Intimacy - $7.99 Ebook
The First Dance - Video INSTANT DOWNLOAD - $9.99
Similar to our book but presented with other material and audience interaction, you could even "listen" to this video without watching it closely, to get on the same page with your fiance and have the wedding that you want.
Improve marital success, reduce conflict and avoid the "emotional landmines" that arise in wedding planning.
Instant Video Watching Online